38 companies from the state of Tamil Nadu have made way to the recently released fourteenth edition of Dun & Bradstreet India’s, ‘India’s Top 500 Companies’ report, which profiles India’s most well – respected and high performing companies on the basis of various financial parameters.

Dun & Bradstreet (D&B), the world’s leading provider of global business information, knowledge and insight, announced and presented the ‘Dun & Bradstreet Top 500 Companies’ which includes 38 of the best performing corporates from Tamil Nadu such as Ashok Leyland Ltd., Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd., MRF Ltd. And TVS Motor Company Ltd. to name a few. The ranking is done on the basis of various parameters such as total income, net profit and net worth. It includes both private sector companies as well as public sector enterprises (PSEs) that are listed on stock exchanges.

Speaking about the report, Kaushal Sampat, President & CEO – India, Dun & Bradstreet said “Despite subdued consumption demand and inflationary pressures that persisted during FY14, the Top 500 Companies managed to show modest 8% growth in their top line earnings during first nine months of FY14 as compared to the same period previous year. On the profitability front, margins declined marginally from 7.5% during 9M FY13 to 7% during 9M FY14. On the back of policy initiatives expected from the new government, we expect revival in the domestic economy in FY15, albeit at a slower pace, as measures to boost business confidence will take time to fructify. For FY15, D&B expects the GDP to grow by 5.5%.”

“The report also shows that India’s corporate sector is now very diverse, with D&B’s India Top 500 Companies spread over 57 diverse sectors. Each company in itself is a critical cog of the Indian economy but when considered collectively, these companies are the building blocks of the Indian economy on whose shoulders lies the responsibility of taking the nation forward through inclusive growth of the economy.”, said Pawan Bindal, Director – Dun & Bradstreet India.

According to the study, 288 companies featuring in India’s Top 500 Companies account for more than 10% of India’s total employment in organised sector. In addition to this they also contribute 20% to the country’s GDP. The report also reveals that India’s Top 500 Companies are resulting for about 30% of India’s total exports helping in building brand India in the global arena.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

AlphaOmega Captcha Medica  –  What Do You See?


* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *